Sunday, May 22, 2011

Reflections ...


We've just had 2 beautiful days but today, again, was overcast. It didn't affect me as much though since I had a sunshine fix. What a perfect day to try some indoor 'special' photography!



I have a small piece of black glass which I used as the base for the Cala Lily. I had never tried reflective photos before and I was very excited at the thought of it. Playing with light direction and shutter speed was easier than I thought. The only challenge is knowing when I have the 'right' picture. My camera's screen is a bit small to discern the details and colours, computer screens show colours differently depending on the angle, posting a picture rounds up looking different, and who knows what results I'll have once I print a picture. More to learn ...

All in all I'm rather happy with the results considering it's my first time and the fact that I'm rather new at all of this. The reflection of the lily came out nice and clear and the lily is just slightly lighter than I'd like it to be. There is a colour balance that impacts the quality and brightness of the reflection.

I will try later this evening, once it's dark, and see how the effect changes when I only have artificial lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment