Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Happy Oink Oink to you!


Alas ... another rainy day but fortunately I made plans to attack some of the items I have been procrastinating on. Might as well feel productive under these circumstances!

So off I went with my daughter to drop off books for the Literacy Council's annual book sale, the grocery store, my 'day to day' bank, the cable company, another bank, and a bit of summer clothes shopping. I normally plan my outings so that I simply drive a big circle through my town. This worked out quite well and we were finished in no time!

My daughter drove and took a different route back than I would have chosen. That turned out to be great because we drove by a house where the front lawn was decorated with pink pigs! I've seen large and small storks but these piggies were something new! Someone must be having a birthday or a celebration of some sorts.

I assumed that no one was home at the moment and I began to imagine the surprise when they do get home! Imagine finding a gathering of pink pigs on your front lawn! They were scattered about, at least twenty of them, lying comfortably on the ground as the rainy drizzled on them. Their chubby faces with a large mischievous smiles either looked onto the road or at each other. None seemed to mind the wetness and quite frankly they did look rather clean!

Piggies are cute, smart, and rather tasty (oops!), however I'd prefer to come home to a front lawn adorned with butterflies. Small, large, or medium size would be just fine. Each one unique with its own colouring and engaged with either the lawn, the trees, or the flowers. Now that would be a sight! hmmmmm .... maybe there is an opportunity here?

2 comments:

  1. Ha,ha. Your first paragraph makes me laugh, asking myself what circumstance made Mama Oink Oink become productive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figured there was only so much complaining I could do, or so much snoozing, or so much eating!! ha ha! But we have sunshine today and maybe tomorrow too - so I'll be stoked for a few days.

    ReplyDelete