Thursday, May 19, 2011

Bleeding Hearts ... a message through a fence?



I was finally able to go outside today! The rain has stopped and the skies were less grey after having 6 days of continuous cloud and rain. I can't tell you how happy I am to be able to leave the back door open. I can hear the birds, smell the fresh air, and look at the work that's ahead of me!

Unlike me, nature didn't stop while I hid out this weather. The grass is thicker, greener, and longer; the trees filled in; the dandelions managed to come up;  and there is much work ahead. I noticed these flowers peeking through the fence into my yard as I surveyed and estimated my upcoming chores. All I could see was little blobs of pink and realized, as I approached, that it was a branch of bleeding hearts. I used to have bleeding hearts when I lived in the 'yellow' house. Lovely delicate flowers shaped like a heart that hang off a branch and sway with the breeze. It was a welcomed surprise to have one sneak in from the neighbour's flower bed.



Was this a message? Something about my own bleeding heart? It's such a nice day - why think of things that may disrupt it? I suppose that my heart was bleeding at some point and that I've put a stopper on it. The problem is that the stopper is so large that it really doesn't leave room for anything else to get next to my heart. There is no point in over analyzing this but it does merit some attention. In a way, a bleeding heart is good because it calls for stillness and promotes interest and activities in areas that would have been neglected, but as this flower insinuates, there is no point in forgetting your heart either. What is life without a full functioning heart?

No comments:

Post a Comment