Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Many Facets of Water

I've seen many wonderful pictures of water falls, large and small, and what amazes me is how the photographer has managed to play with the crispness and flow of the water. I decided to try my shot at it after reading a few articles. These photos were taken on the Bruce trail as I hiked towards Borer Falls.

This picture was taken with the lowest f stop and a high shutter speed. The water is clear and crisp as it flows down between the rocks.




The pictures progress with high f stops and lower shutter speed.








I was happy with the results since it was the first time I consciously tried to change the outcome of the picture. The camera captures what we see yet we can impact the outcome by simply tweeking the settings.

The other interesting aspect is that the water can have such different textures, from crisp and distinct to flowy and united, similar to how life can seem to us. At times we are conscious of every little event and other times life just flies by. To an extent I could deduce that life will flow around me based on my perspective in the moment and yet I can also choose to be more present and catch every drop!

No comments:

Post a Comment