Monday, January 2, 2012

Santas, santas, and more santas

Christmas has come and gone. Every year I delight in getting out our ornaments. The Christmas tree is always fun to decorate and we've managed to make it a family event where everyone participates. The santas are, however, my pride and joy. I've been collecting them for close to 20 years. My collection has grown quickly since family and close friends have contributed.


Each santa has a unique style and story to tell. Some listen to the children and lull them to sleep and other are writing a list; some are ready to brave the cold and others have finished their 'run'.






I realized a few years back that I'd eventually have a problem keeping track of all these santas and I made a point of writing (somewhere discreet) who gave me the santa and what year on them.




1 comment:

  1. In a few days they will all have finished their run and leave us with tender memories and the hope to see them again next Christmas.

    ReplyDelete